If you would like to start or sponsor a Vet Life Community in your area, please complete and submit the application at the right.
Some requirements for Starting a Vet Life Community or becoming a Life Coach include:
Since Communities are run by veterans, you must be a veteran to start a community. Family members can run family meetings, but the Program Director and Life Coaches must be veterans.
- Male veterans will coach male veterans; female veterans will coach female veterans; family members may coach family members.
- You need to have a desire to help other veterans.
- There will need to be Leadership and Sponsors to administer and support the program.
- You will need to complete Vet Life Community Life Coach Training
If there is already a Vet Life Community in your area, please visit that community and talk with the Program Director about becoming a Life Coach. Program Directors are equipped to train new Life Coaches.
There are different types of Vet Life Communities, depending on your needs:
1) - Virtual Meetings
All the changes that have taken place recently have given us an opportunity to re-think how to do things. Many people are now working from home, and some churches now have virtual services.
If you have not already thought about having virtual Vet Life Community meetings, you might want to look into how that could work for you. Free Life Coach Training is still required and will be done virtually. There are several platforms that work well.
- ZOOM - https://zoom.us/pricing you can hold virtual meetings for up to 100 participants, time limit 40 minutes, for free. On the Gallery View everyone can see everyone at the meeting. This type of meeting would not require a meeting location; each member of the Community would be able to attend the meeting from home on their computer, or even on their phone. No refreshments would be served … no time away from home …. no long car trip to get the meeting.
The Host would need to have a Zoom account, but the other members can attend meetings without an account if they wanted. Veterans could also meet with Life Coaches virtually.
- GOOGLE MEETING (Hangout) – https://apps.google.com/meet No free options, prices start at only $6 a month.
- GoToMeeting - https://www.gotomeeting.com/ - No free option for meetings, but many features are available. Prices start at $12 a month.
These are a few you might try. Check them out if you think this might work for your Community.
Additionally, you can try:
- “HYBRID MEETINGS”. Those who still want to meet in person can attend a meeting at a chosen location. Others can still join in and be part of the meeting through the use of any of these virtual platforms.
- LONG RANGE MEETINGS – people from different Communities around the United States can have a combined meeting, or individuals from different locations in the United States can become part of the same community. There are no travel or distance restrictions. You can invite friends from anywhere in the United States to join your community simply by sending them the link and the invitation. These types of Vet Life Community meetings might require the Host to purchase the $14.99 (ZOOM) package so the meeting can be extended past 40 minutes.
2) Step by Step Journals with regularly scheduled meetings.
For this type of Vet Life Community veterans will meet in male groups, female groups, or family groups. Meetings should last about 90 minutes with a speaker from the community to speak about veteran issues (suggested: 30 minutes), refreshments (suggested: 20 minutes), group discussions from questions in the Step by Step Journal (suggested: 40 minutes). All Step by Step Journals are provided free on this website. Veterans will need to bring a notebook/journal to meetings to record their thoughts and answers about each question. Each Community will receive one of each Journal to be used by the facilitator.
In addition to regular group meetings, Vet Life Communities are encouraged to have periodic meetings that combine veterans and their families. This combined meeting should offer a pot-luck meal and a guest speaker.
3) Step By Step Journals and meetings along with Life Coaching and the Quality of Life Assessment. This type of Vet Life Community will have the same Step By Step Journals, and meetings, but will also add two other components.
A) The MAPS™ Life Coach Training is free and done remotely on the computer so that there is no need to travel. The training takes between 2-3 hours depending on how many questions are asked, and how well participants understand how to use a computer. Training on how to use the QOLA Software is included in the free Life Coach Training.
B) The Quality Of Life Assessment (QOLA)™ is not a psychological evaluation. It is an accurate measurement of how well you and your loved ones are meeting the challenges you face each day. It is a profile of your quality of life covering a wide variety of dynamics from everyday life to life's most traumatic experiences.
Completely Confidential ● Assesses Real-Time Functioning ● Comprehensive, Completely Personalized ● Takes Only 20 Minutes ● Multiple choice questions ● For All Veterans and Loved Ones Over 18.
All Step by Step Journals are provided free on this website; Veterans will need to bring a notebook/journal to meetings to record their thoughts and answers about each question. Each Community will receive one of each Journal to be used by the facilitator.
4) For organizations that already have a program that they like, and want to continue to use, we offer the Quality of Life Assessment™ and MAPS™ Life Coaching to use along with their current program. Life Coach Training is free.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION TO TAKE A SAMPLE ASSESSMENT->
When we receive your application we will schedule your QOLA Sample. The QOLA software is available for PC only.